Tuesday 11 October 2011

Just To Get Us Started

Since I wrote a great big long-winded (most likely boring) introductory post, this one is going to be short and sweet.

I've been to Slimming World for 2 weeks now and lost 6 and a half pounds. Not too shabby!

The diet's really easy to follow, so, without typing out the entire booklet, here are my top tips for diet success:

  • Fill up on rice, pasta and noodles (dried varieties) to your hearts content. Don't measure them at all.
  • Try making your own pasta sauces instead of buying jarred varieties. It's cheaper and healthier, since most jars contain lots of salt :, sugar and oil. It's so easy to make your own, just by using ingredients such as passatta, tins of chopped tomatoes, various veggies, garlic, chillies... that's basically all jars of sauces are, without all the unneeded unhealthy extras!
  • Fill a third of your plate with fruit or veggies. You won't believe how full they make you, and you'll get all the health benefits.
  • Cut out as much rubbish as you can, but dont forget to give yourself a little treat every couple of days - this will stop you craving, and you won't feel like you're on a diet.
  • Switch to diet drinks - you won't notice the difference, but your scales will!

    I'll post a new blog in a couple of days, week tops. I'll add in some of the recipes I've used this week to give you an idea of the things you can try. The idea of this diet is to never feel like you're on a diet. I've lost nearly half a stone in the last 2 weeks and not once have I felt hungry or wished I wasn't doing it.

    Cutting out the rubbish is often what gets most people - by allowing yourself to still have your favourite things now and again, you'll find yourself not craving them without even trying. I find now when I used to have AT LEAST one packet of crisps every single day, I don't miss them, because I know I can still have them. I can't even remember the last time I had a pack.

    You might think I'm ripping Slimming World off with this blog. Realistically, this is all just common sense. However, by paying for classes I get the added bonus of a public weigh-in for motivation, a selection of thousands of online recipes, constant support and a complete booklet of food values to track my weight loss precisely.

    If you can lose weight through reading this blog and taking on board the tips I can give, then that's fantastic. But if you're more like me and lack the motivation to keep it going, contact me and I will find you your closest Slimming World class.
    More information at http://www.slimmingworld.com/

    Ciao x



    Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment